Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/lahorere/public_html/gwadarrealestate.pk/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/operations.class.php on line 2159

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/lahorere/public_html/gwadarrealestate.pk/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/operations.class.php on line 2163

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/lahorere/public_html/gwadarrealestate.pk/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/output.class.php on line 2813
ECNEC Approved Three Major Projects Hydropower, Water Plant in Gwadar & Metro Bus Services | GwadarRealEstate.Pk

ECNEC Approved Three Major Projects Hydropower, Water Plant in Gwadar & Metro Bus Services

ECNEC Approved Three Major Projects Hydropower, Water Plant in Gwadar & Metro Bus Services

ISLAMABAD: The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) Thursday approved three major projects, including a supply of drinking water to Gwadar, a hydropower project at Mohmand Agency and Metro Bus service for the new Islamabad International Airport.

Mohmand Dam Hydropower Project:

The meeting, chaired by Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi here, accorded approval to these projects. The ECNEC gave approval for the Rs 309.558 billion multi-purpose Mohmand Dam Hydropower Project. Besides producing 800 megavolt electricity, it would also have a storage capacity of 1,594 million cubic meters of water that could be used for irrigation, flood mitigation and supply of drinking water to Peshawar and FATA.

Metro Bus Services:

The ECNEC gave approval for the construction cost of infrastructure and allied works for Metro Bus Services from Peshawar Morr interchange to the New Islamabad International Airport. The Central Development Working Party had recommended the review of the project by the ECNEC. The 25.6 km long project, which was still in different stages of completion, would cost Rs.16,427.880 million and provide affordable and convenient transport for passengers using the New Islamabad International Airport, rescheduled for opening in the first week of May.

Water Plant in Gwadar:

To meet the long-standing demand of the people of Gwadar, the port city would get a five million of gallons per day Reverse Osmosis Sea Water Plant at a total cost of Rs. 5,071.43 million. Under this project, seawater would be desalinated for catering to the drinking and other requirements of Gwadar City and adjoining areas. The Federal Government has also agreed to increase its financing share from 50% to 67% while the remaining 33% would be financed by the Government of Balochistan.

Source:

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/309443-ecnec-approves-gwadar-drinking-water-mohmand-dam-hydropower-projects

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of